Saturday, April 12, 2008

"'T'ain't No Sin" to Love Tom Waits



I'm totally captivated by this whole meme thing my friend Dave put on his blog, so I'm totally stealing it and will do my own versions with the song titles of one of my very favorite musicians, Tom Waits. Dave did his in honor of Bob Dylan winning the Pulitzer (which is pretty freaking cool--the first time a popular musician has ever been honored), and I'm just doing it to copy him. And because I adore Tom Waits.

1. Are you a male or female? -- Gun Street Girl
2. Describe your self? -- Just Another Sucker on the Vine / New Coat of Paint
3. Describe your day? -- Lucky Day
4. Describe where you currently live -- In the Neighborhood
5. If you could go anywhere, where would you go -- Drunk on the Moon
6. Your best friend is -- Diamonds on My Windshield
7. Your favorite color is -- Tom Traubert's Blues (Four Sheets to the Wind in Copenhagen)
8. You know that -- I Wish I Was in New Orleans
9. What's the weather like? -- Rainbirds
10. If your life was a television show, what would it be called? -- The Piano Has Been Drinking (Not Me)
11. What is life to you? -- Carnival
12. What is the best advice you have to give? -- Step Right Up
13. Describe your last ex? -- Invitation to the Blues
14. Your current relationship status? -- In Between Love / Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
15. What's your favorite hobby? -- (Looking For) The Heart of Saturday Night
16. When you think of your friends? -- Such a Scream
17. What do your friends think of you? -- Shiver Me Timbers
18. What does your current love interest think of you? -- The One That Got Away
19. You always travel with? -- $29
20. The best way to end a long day? -- Jockey Full of Bourbon
21. Your occupation is? -- What's (S)he Building?
22. When you grow up, you want to? -- Tango Till They're Sore
23. What does your family think of you? -- Let Me Get Up On It
24. Your favorite food is? -- Chocolate Jesus
25. You want to be remembered as? -- A Sweet Little Bullet from a Pretty Blue Gun

4 comments:

Dave said...

Glad to see you're back and spreading the love around.

candy sue said...

It's all YOUR fault!

thepockmark said...

Awesome ! I found your new blog. This is cool! Did you hear Tom Waits will be touring again this summer? All my dreams will come true.

candy sue said...

Erin, I never thought I'd ever hear those words. Another reason to live! This year just keeps getting better...